A small and compact housing arrangement is fit for 1 or 2 people. Grandparents can move into these tiny cabins in the backyard or garden. The dwellings need not always have to be detached from the main home. The popularity of 1-bedroom granny flat designs clearly indicates their success among families. Aging parents can enjoy their privacy and live in peace and comfort. Apart from that, this is an excellent idea for your property extension and you can easily use the same granny flat as guest house in future. Even you can also use them for your office or rent out the granny flat to earn some amount.
Things to Consider Before You Choose the 1-Bedroom Granny Flat Designs:
• The dwelling unit can be attached right next to the main building for quick access. The grandchildren oparents can walk in and check on their elderly parents.
• This tiny accommodation is suitable for geriatrics and disabled. They do not move around, nor can they ensure cleanliness and hygiene.
• These miniature rooms can be fitted with some utilities. A small kitchenette with a mini fridge and microwave.
• Sophisticated 1-bedroom granny flat designs have technical features. These include CCTV monitoring and remote-controlled access.
• Some medical amenities are also very helpful for the older couple. They include medicine dispenser alarms, toilets with temperature checking and urine analysis.
• The challenges include building restrictions, local law, and neighboring disputes. New structures are relatively difficult to build than renovations and improvements.
How would you Design your 1-Bedroom Granny Flat?
A small room is still a new room and it needs adequate planning. The secondary or auxiliary dwelling living area must be determined first. The 1-bedroom granny flat designs should include roofing options. The choices are gable, skillion, flat, Dutch gable, split skillion, etc. The compact dwelling can be designed with a modern and contemporary look. In addition, these designer elements stand out and create a lively ambience –
• Structural integrity and material quality should never be compromised. Safety is a paramount design feature in the construction of any movable building.
• The design must make room for healthy amount of light and ventilation. The rooms should not appear to be stuffy, congested, or lack in fresh air inflows/outflows.
• A compact kitchen and spacious bedroom increases the dwelling’s value. Quick access to bathroom, linen shelf, or storage cupboard is mandatory.
• With permissive budgets, the designer can add decorative appeal. The interior and exterior finishes can be stylized for comfort and fashionable appearance.
• The 1-bedroom granny flat designs must give importance to flexibility. The structure has to be unique with enough room for privacy. A square shape room is more convenient for the backyard area.
Detailed Guidelines for Constructing A One Bedroom Granny Flat:
The 1-bedroom granny flat designs can extend from the main building as an attachment structure. Or they can be built a little distance away as a detached cabin. Having family around assures babysitting, better security and lawn care. Builder or contractor can be approached for a1-bedroom granny flat Designs, layout, facade, and other exterior features. The building steps are listed here in a natural order.
• Contact the construction company to discuss the project. Make sure the documents, design, legal agreements, etc., are all in place.
• Hazards must be avoided before, during, or after construction. Site inspection and assessments help in locating sewer lines and cabling.
• Construction should not take more than 2 to 3 months. Contractors and tradesmen who know their job always stick to the deadline.
So now you can easily extend your property by building a one bedroom granny flat, and you can choose a professional builder to do this work professionally.